We want as many students as possible to be able to take on a leadership role. This is our story so far…
- To represent our class mates when we vote on issues and situations at JHN.
- To make our school a better place by suggesting improvements.
- To give all children at JHN a chance to use their voice.
As School Council we meet every two weeks to discuss what issues classmates have asked us to raise and to think of ideas to improve our school.
This year so far we have discussed:
- Our lunch menu and what we would like on it.
- Clubs run by staff and pupils.
- School facilities including toilets and doors around site.
- Safety and behaviour at playtimes.
- School equipment including the trim trail.
- run house events across the school
- lead sports day and other house activities
- count up all the house points weekly
- foster a sense of community throughout JHN
When we joined in Year 6 we knew there was lots to complete so we all jumped in at the deep end. As Learning Leader’s we were able to adapt to Year 6 life and the new changes to school. Our role is to
- Monitor our subject across the school
- Lead competitions and give out prizes
- Get more involvement from the whole school community.
- To assist and organise during their class PE lesson.
- To keep an eye at playtime to make sure games are appropriate and safe.
- To represent their class/school in any physical activities.
- To be able to be a voice for their class regarding PE.
- Have an input of clubs that run during lunch and after school clubs.
- The equipment is being used in the correct manner and it is all put back in the correct place.
These pupils become the proud owner of a J.H.N. Science Leader lanyard.
The role includes:-
- To lead and support lunch time science clubs.
- To support the planning of science activities and investigations in science clubs.
- To support the selection of winners in science competitions within class and through the whole school.
- To support and lead the planning during ‘Science Week’ and ‘Grounds Day’.
- To support the creation and upkeep of class Big Science Floor books.
- To take part in science club committee meetings.
- To raise the profile of science and make Science teaching and learning great at J.H.N.
Their role is to:
Lead prayer in school assemblies
To support church visits
Work alongside Revd Margreet
Deliver whole school assemblies weekly